Things To Do This Week in Franklin & Williamson County, Tennessee (June 12-18)
There is so much to do this week in Franklin and Williamson County, Tennessee (June 12-18)! Whether you are wanting to connect with nature, experience a live performance, attend a charity event, or celebrate Father’s Day, there are plenty of ways to get involved with the community. Keep reading to find out more about this week’s events!
Learn about local dining experiences, entertainment, shopping, and more at
A Vintage Affair is a non-profit dedicated to supporting local women and children in need. Their 2nd Annual Vintner’s Cup Charity Golf Tournament will take place on June 12th, with registration at 11am and events starting at 1pm. This golf tournament will benefit CASA of Williamson County, High Hopes Development Center, Kindred Spirits Farm, My Friend’s House, PATH United, and The Williamson Medical Foundation.
Summer Art Camps (June 12-15)
Chestnut Grove Studios will be hosting summer art camps from June 12-15! They will be offering a camp for 5-8 year olds from 10 am– 12 pm and a camp for 9-12 year olds from 1 pm– 3 pm. These camps will focus on age-appropriate art with different mediums and techniques taught each day!
Shuff’s Music is offering beginner ukulele classes this week in downtown Franklin! Covering basic melodies, chords, and songs, these classes will be held each day from 2:30-3:15pm. Anyone 8 years of age and older is welcome and you are able to borrow a ukulele from them if you don’t have one of your own!
Children ages 3-5 are invited to explore nature with the Knee High Naturalist series! Led by an Owl’s Hill Environmental Educator, children will learn about a different topic each week with emphasis on teamwork, creativity, and exploration! The first session of the summer season will take place this Wednesday from 10am- 11:30am, so make sure to register your child soon!
Morning Glory Orchard in Nolensville invites you to enjoy an evening with your sisters – blood-related or not! On June 15th at 6pm, they will provide food, drinks, and a gorgeous setting while you make special summer memories with loved ones. Morning Glory Orchard offers packages for groups of 2-6 people, so reserve a spot now for this special evening!
The John P. Holt Brentwood Library
The John P. Holt Brentwood Library is hosting a variety of fun events this week!
- Board Games (June 14th): Kids are invited to stop by the children’s section and borrow a board game to play in the library from 2:30pm- 4pm!
- Bingo and Bagels (June 17th): Play bingo and enjoy a light breakfast from 10am- 11am – winner takes home a prize!
- Cross Stitch & Talk (June 17th): Gather around to cross-stitch, talk, and participate in a raffle from 10am- 4pm!
- Retro Jewelry Workshop (June 17th): Create some of your own earrings, keychains, and other pieces from 1pm- 2pm!
The Franklin Theatre’s second installment of their Songwriter Series will feature award-winning writers such as Steve Bogard, Earl Bud Lee, and American Idol Season 15 winner Trent Harmon. Make sure to stop by this event of stories and impressive performances at The Franklin Theatre on June 15th at 7:30pm!
The Franklin Justice & Equity Coalition will be commemorating Juneteenth with the Sneaker Gala: A Party with a Purpose on June 16th in The Factory at Franklin from 6pm- 10pm. This event calls for formal attire and has limited seating available, so reserve your spot now for this party with a purpose!
Owl’s Hill Nature Sanctuary is hosting a Family Firefly Hike on June 16th from 6:30pm- 8pm. This educational outing is open to anyone at least 4 years of age and aims to teach you about nature at night! This easy hike through Owl Hill’s meadow and orchard will educate adventurers on owl hunting tactics, fireflies, nocturnal animals, and more!
The City of Franklin celebrates every summer with Movies in the Park! Pinkerton Park is home to this series of outdoor movies taking place every summer weekend from June 9th- July 21st. This week, they will be showing Moana, so make sure to pack a chair or blanket to enjoy fun movies and food trucks with the Franklin community!
The Vanderbilt Dyer Observatory in Brentwood will have a Live Telescope Night on June 16th for guests to view their exhibits, speak with astronomers, and use telescopes to look for various celestial objects in the Spring sky!
Farmers Markets (June 17th)
These local farmers markets prove the importance of contributing to your community and provide the perfect opportunity to support your local farmers, kitchens, and artisans!
- You can find The Franklin Farmers Market every Saturday morning behind The Factory at Franklin with numerous vendors offering fresh produce, baked goods, handcrafted items, and local art.
- The Nolensville Farmers Market will be taking place every Saturday from 8am-12pm at the Historic Nolensville School. Local farmers and artisans will offer fresh, seasonal foods and unique crafts!
The Nashville Babypalooza Baby Expo will be held in The Factory at Franklin on June 17th from 10am- 2pm. This event is free to register for and attend, offering everything expectant parents would need! Create your baby registry, start a college savings plan, interview preschools, and learn about all of the essentials at this one-stop event!
The Franklin Flea Market will be making its debut on June 17-18 at the Williamson County Ag Expo Park. Presented by The Big 98 and featuring over 400 vendors, this event is expected to be a big hit! Stop by this inaugural event to browse and shop for clothing, antiques, jewelry, handmade pieces, collectables, and more!
Michaels in Brentwood will be offering a workshop where you can create wood burned Father’s Day keychains on Father’s Day from 2-4pm. You will leave this free, all ages event with a handmade gift for dad!
Arrington Vineyards is celebrating Father’s Day with Music in the Vines from 3pm- 7pm. With live jazz on their Hillside Stage from The Lilliston Effect, live bluegrass at The Barn from Grasstime Band, and food from Simply Living Life, this is a great way to spend Father’s Day! Arrington Vineyards offers wine by the bottle or flight and gorgeous scenery, so get out and enjoy some time with Dad at “Nashville’s Wine Country”!
It’s not a summer in Brentwood without Sunday night concerts at Crockett Park! This week, the Music City Stones will be performing from 6pm- 8pm. Music City Stones is a Rolling Stones tribute band, performing classics and entertainment! Gather with loved ones and enjoy this summer of live music, food trucks, beer gardens, and more!
There are plenty of live performances happening throughout the week!
- Tim Turner Band (June 14th): The Tim Turner Band will be playing at Fox & Locke in Leiper’s Fork from 7pm- 9pm!
- Cabaret (June 14-18): Pull-Tight Theater will be performing Cabaret from June 14-18, with matinee and evening showings!
- Here for You (June 15th): Podcast host Annie F. Downs and public speaker Carlos Whittaker will be stopping by the Franklin Christian Church from 7pm- 10pm on their Here for You Tour!
- Flascal Ratts (June 17th): Flascal Ratts is a Rascal Flatts tribute band that will be performing at the Mockingbird Theater at 7pm!
- Motor City Magic (June 16-17): Motor City Magic will be performing at The Williamson County Performing Arts Center from 7pm -9pm, paying tribute to Motown!
- John McEuen & The Circle Band (June 18th): John McEuen & The Circle Band will be performing at The Franklin Theatre at 8pm!
Looking for something fun to do this weekend? Shopping for antiques or curious about a
restaurant? Wanting to volunteer your time with a non-profit, or just stopping by
downtown Franklin, TN for the day? Access it all on FranklinIs.com. We encourage you
to browse through the Living, News, Entertainment, Family & Kids, Real Estate, Visit,
Resources and Events Calendar sections. There is something for everyone!
FranklinIs a website dedicated to all things Franklin, TN and Williamson County!
Supporting local non-profits, businesses, residents and visitors, FranklinIs the go-to
place for all your Franklin and Williamson County needs.