Ways First Horizon Bank is helping its customers during the COVID-19 pandemic
How First Horizon Bank is helping its customers:
- Starting immediately, upon request and indication of hardship related to COVID-19, First Horizon will rebate the following incurred fees:
| DEPOSITS – INCURRED FEES
o NSF (Non-sufficient Funds) / Overdraft fees
o Continuous Overdraft fees
o Overdraft Protection Transfer fees
o Monthly service charges
o Early withdrawal fees for CDs
LENDING INCURRED FEES:
o Late payment fees
DEBIT & CREDIT CARS INCURRED FEES:
o Late payment fees
o Foreign ATM & surcharge fees
o Balance inquiry and quick statement fees
First Horizon Bank is also supporting its Consumer and Small Business Customers with the following:
LENDING (real estate, auto lending, unsecured and credit cards):
- Lending assistance available for borrowers
- Deferring loan payment up to 90 days, as well as suppressing derogatory credit bureau reporting on the related loans for up to 90 days
- For borrowers where a short-term program is not appropriate, the Long-Term Forbearance (LTF) program may be considered
DEBIT & CREDIT CARDS:
- Increasing the daily ATM withdrawal limit from $600 to $1,000
If you have been financially impacted by COVID-19 and incurred fee(s) listed below, you can request relief in one of the following ways:
- Fill out an online request form
- Call First Horizon Customer Service at 800-382-5465
- Contact your banker or local banking center
- For mortgage customers, if your loan is serviced by First Horizon Bank, please call 866-609-2773. If your loan is serviced by Dovenmuehle Mortgage (DMI), please call 855-355-2096.
Additionally, beginning this past Monday (3/23), First Horizon Bank adjusted services at its banking centers to drive-thru only to help keep customers and employees as safe as possible. Lobbies will be available by appointment only.
- Customers are also encouraged to bank remotely via First Horizon’s mobile app and online services, or by calling 800-382-5465.
- Business clients can contact their First Horizon relationship manager or call the bank’s Business Service Center at 888-382-4968.