Dickens of a Christmas, Sponsored by Wilson Bank & Trust Set for Dec. 10 & 11
Christmas Entertainment, Dancing, Characters, Food, and Arts
FRANKLIN, Tenn. – Downtown Franklin is gearing up for two full days of Victorian and Dickens-inspired celebrations at the Heritage Foundation of Williamson County’s 37th Annual Dickens of a Christmas festival hosted by the Downtown Franklin Association, Saturday, Dec. 10 from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., and Sunday, December 11 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Guests will enjoy festive food and drink, children’s activities, live music, carolers, and outstanding arts & crafts. There will be photo opportunities including Snow at the Courthouse along with photos with Santa and the characters from the stories of Charles Dickens such as, Fagin from Oliver Twist; Jacob Marley, Ebenezer Scrooge, Tiny Tim and the rest of the Cratchit family from A Christmas Carol.
Special features include the Victorian Village, KidZone presented in collaboration by Chief Rentals, Gold Fish Swim Academy, Hard Bargain Association, StudioTenn and We Rock the Spectrum, the Main Stage presented by Innocean, USA, an Acoustic Stage presented by Lipscomb University, Whiskey Lounge presented by Leiper’s Fork Distillery, the Beer Garden presented by Bavarian Bierhaus, a town sign-along, and much more.
There are six main areas where guests can enjoy entertainment:
- Victorian Village – Enjoy holiday dancers, characters and entertainers between the Public Square and 5th Avenue.
- Beer Garden presented by the Bavarian Bierhaus – Stop by on the northeast corner of the Public Square for an authentic German beer garden experience.
- Whiskey Lounge presented by Leiper’s Fork Distillery – Stop by the whiskey lounge on the southeast corner of the Public Square next to the Main Stage to enjoy some whiskey as well.
- Main Stage presented by Innocean, USA.Enjoy live music and entertainment throughout the day at the Main Stage on the southeast corner of the Public Square.
- Acoustic Stage presented by Lipscomb University – Enjoy acoustic entertainment throughout the day on the corner of 2nd Avenue South and Main Street.
- Busker’s Corner – local musicians perform on 3rd Avenue South,
- KidZone presented in collaboration by Chief Rentals, Gold Fish Swim Academy, Hard Bargain Association, StudioTenn. Bring the kids to the Landmark Booksellers parking lot for festive fun for all to enjoy, including inflatable games.
“We love putting on Dickens of a Christmas, and it just gets better every year,” said Bari Beasley, CEO of the Heritage Foundation. “You can’t beat the atmosphere of downtown Franklin bustling during the holiday season, and for thirty-seven years now, festivals like Dickens keep that magic alive while providing a positive economic boost to Williamson County.”
For more information about Dickens of a Christmas, visit https://www.FranklinDickensChristmas.com
ABOUT THE HERITAGE FOUNDATION OF WILLIAMSON COUNTY
Since 1967, the Heritage Foundation of Williamson County has been dedicated to preserving Williamson County’s architectural, geographic and cultural heritage as well as promoting the ongoing revitalization of downtown Franklin in the context of historic preservation. Notable projects include The Franklin Theatre, Roper’s Knob, parts of the Franklin battlefield and the Old, Old Jail. The Foundation brings county history to about 3,000 school children each year through the Heritage Classroom program as well as walking tours of downtown Franklin. Events and festivals produced by the Heritage Foundation such as Main Street Festival, the Heritage Ball, PumpkinFest™ and Dickens of a Christmas bring hundreds of thousands of locals and visitors to downtown Franklin each year. The Heritage Foundation owns and operates The Franklin Theatre, the Downtown Franklin Association, and the organization’s newest division and current restoration project, Franklin Grove Estate & Gardens. For more information about the Heritage Foundation, visit www.williamsonheritage.org.