Dickens of a Christmas, Sponsored by Wilson Bank & Trust, Returns this Weekend
Christmas Entertainment, Dancing, Characters, Food, and Arts
FRANKLIN, Tenn. (December 4, 2023) – Downtown Franklin is gearing up for two full days of Victorian and Dickens-inspired celebrations at the Heritage Foundation of Williamson County’s 38th Annual Dickens of a Christmas festival hosted by the Downtown Franklin Association, Saturday, Dec. 9, 2023, from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., and Sunday, December 10, 2023, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Guests will enjoy festive food and drink, children’s activities, live music, carolers, and outstanding arts & crafts. There will be photo opportunities including Snow at the Courthouse along with photos with Santa and the characters from the stories of Charles Dickens such as, Fagin from Oliver Twist; Jacob Marley, Ebenezer Scrooge, Tiny Tim and the rest of the Cratchit family from A Christmas Carol.
There are five main areas where guests can enjoy entertainment:
- Victorian Village presented by HG Hill Realty Company – Enjoy holiday dancers, characters and entertainers between the Public Square and 5th Avenue.
- Beer Garden presented by the Bavarian Bierhaus – Stop by on the northeast corner of the Public Square for an authentic German beer garden experience.
- Whiskey Lounge presented by Leiper’s Fork Distillery – Stop by the whiskey lounge on the southeast corner of the Public Square next to the Main Stage to enjoy some whiskey as well.
- Main Stage presented by Nissan USA – Enjoy live music and entertainment throughout the day at the Main Stage on the southeast corner of the Public Square.
- Acoustic Stage presented by Lipscomb University – Enjoy acoustic entertainment throughout the day on the corner of 2nd Avenue South and Main Street.
“Nothing kicks off the Holidays quite like Dickens of a Christmas, it is a favorite of ours and so many throughout the region” said Bari Beasley, CEO of the Heritage Foundation. “A bustling Downtown Franklin is the perfect setting for the holiday season, and for thirty-eight years now, festivals like Dickens keep that magic alive while providing a positive economic boost to Williamson County.”
Located in Downtown Franklin Main Street, from 1st Avenue to 5 points, there are many options to access Dickens of a Christmas. Including street parking around franklin, garages on 2nd and 4th avenues, and Harlinsdale Farm (Park and Ride Shuttle location).
For more information about Dickens of a Christmas, visit https://www.FranklinDickensChristmas.com
Photography credit: Kris Rae
# # #
ABOUT THE HERITAGE FOUNDATION OF WILLIAMSON COUNTY
Since 1967, the Heritage Foundation of Williamson County has been dedicated to preserving Williamson County’s architectural, geographic and cultural heritage as well as promoting the ongoing revitalization of downtown Franklin in the context of historic preservation. Notable projects include The Franklin Theatre, Roper’s Knob, parts of the Franklin battlefield and the Old, Old Jail. Events and festivals produced by the Heritage Foundation such as Main Street Festival, the Heritage Ball, PumpkinFest and Dickens of a Christmas bring an estimated 300,000+ locals and visitors to downtown Franklin each year that creates more than a $10 million dollar economic impact annually. The Heritage Foundation owns and operates The Franklin Theatre, Downtown Franklin Association, Franklin Grove Estate & Gardens, and its newest historic adaptive reuse project: The History & Culture Center of Williamson County. For more information about the Heritage Foundation, visit www.williamsonheritage.org.