W. Frierson Contractor Inc. Announces Completion
T. W. Frierson Contractor Inc. (TWF), a Nashville-based, family-owned general contractor specializing in commercial, industrial, distribution and institutional facilities throughout the Southeast, announces the recent completion of construction on the new Franklin First United Methodist Church, located at 120 Aldersgate Way at Mack Hatcher Parkway in Franklin, Tenn.
Construction for the 86,500 square-foot, First Franklin United Methodist Church facility began in Summer 2014, and nearly 16 months later its first Sunday worship services were held on December 6, 2015. The first service was completely full, and the second service provided standing room only.
W. Frierson has completed over 150 faith-based facilities in its 57 year history, and this facility is its largest church project to date, according to project executive Del Hickman, co-owner, executive vice president. Hickman explains, “It was a great privilege to partner with Franklin First United Methodist Church and Tuck Hinton to build this beautiful landmark. I was there for the first service, and to see the reactions and hear all the positive comments from the congregation was incredible.”
The TWF team for this project also includes Matt Taylor, senior project manager and director of operations; and Tim Foriest, project superintendent. Steve Johnson, with Tuck-Hinton Architects, a Nashville-based PLC corporation, is the architect on the project.
The First Franklin United Methodist Church facility is constructed on 107 acres of a former horse farm, which was purchased in 2007. The new campus facility includes a main worship center that seats around 850, 50 classrooms and multiuse spaces for ministry and community outreach. In addition to the various high-end finishes throughout the building, gothic architect curtain wall systems were installed on the building to reflect the churches’ original historic sanctuary, Circa 1872.
The building also has prominent space for the church’s popular preschool program and a children’s area. Office space focuses on the daily church operations, and the well-equipped kitchen is vital to the ongoing ministries of the church.
Franklin First was founded 1799 in downtown Franklin and was housed in a facility completed in 1872 on Fifth Avenue South until it outgrew its space. While maintaining its ownership of that facility, the congregation is continuing to hold one 8:30 a.m. service in that facility each Sunday. The church is also leasing the church space for the use of Generations Church of Franklin. The church is currently under the leadership of Dr. Lynn Hill, senior pastor since 2002.
Founded in 1958, T. W. Frierson Contractor Inc. is dedicated to the ideals of honesty and integrity while providing quality construction services that exceed customer’s expectations. Emphasizing a team approach, T. W. Frierson Contractor, Inc. offers general construction, design-build and construction management services, tailoring these programs to meet each client’s individual needs. The company is committed to providing customized, innovative and environmentally responsible solutions for all facility types, including new construction and renovations.
For details on T. W. Frierson Contractor Inc., please visit http://www.twfrierson.com. For additional information on the company, feel free to contact Sara Waggoner, director of marketing and client relations, at (615-367-1333 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The company is located at 2971 Kraft Drive, Nashville, TN 37204.
Photo credit: ©Halo Vision 2015