Thanksgiving Entertaining Made Easy – Local Eateries Offer To Go or To Stay Options — It’s Best to Decide Early This Year!
Article by Julie Brown Patton
Originally published in City Lifestyle Brentwood
Thanksgiving includes heaps of giving thanks, whether one cooks or not. But if the Thanksgiving holiday is a stressful time due to food preparation, there are ways to avoid the pressure of cooking. Have holiday meals catered by one of these Brentwood area restaurants, or get out of the house and have a delicious Thanksgiving meal in town.
Please note that due to lingering COVID-19 pandemic situations, traditional meat and food items could be in fluctuating or short supply for this Thanksgiving. Many caterers and chefs that Brentwood Lifestyle spoke to encouraged Turkey Day diners to stock up or to secure early and freeze holiday fixings. Food and menu selections reportedly will be on a first come, first served basis.
Regarding sitdown meals, remember that the open hours of some restaurants or cafes may be affected by staffing.
Ideas regarding what and from where to gather:
Appetizers, Roasted Turkey (whole or breasts), Ham, Sides, Breads, Desserts:
Miss Daisy’s Kitchen Holiday Menu
1110 Hillsboro Road, Franklin, TN
615.599.0338 to order all items thorugh Cool Cafe next door to Daisy’s
Sides, such as Devilled Eggs, Oysters, Dirty Rice, Parm Grits, Truffle Fries, Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
Soups, such as Gumbo, Chicken Tortilla
Ludlow & Prime
330 Franklin Rd. Suite 226 B, Brentwood, TN
Reservations through Open Table or by phoning 615.942.5907
Puffy Muffin, 229 Franklin Road, Brentwood, TN — WILL NOT BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING DAY
However, holiday items will be cold pickup only and should be scheduled online at Puffymuffin.com, along with selecting day and time of pickup. For additional questions, call 615.373.2741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mere Bulles, 5201 Maryland Way, Brentwood, TN
At press time, the staff could not confirm they would be opened for Thanksgiving. If they are open, they may not be taking reservations, so expect some wait time. For takeout purposes in past years, Mere Bulles shared a Thanksgiving menu with their sister restaurant, the Green Hills Grille. Menu items are individually priced, and each portion feeds four to seven people. Highlights include the Waldorf salad, caramelized onion mashed potatoes, Charleston She-Crab bisque and bourbon pecan pie. Main entrées have been pre-sliced oven-roasted turkey and slow-roasted Angus prime rib. All of the takeout food is served cold and ready to reheat.
Other venues to try for Thanksgiving fare:
- Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, will be closed Thanksgiving; items can be ordered and picked up ahead of time; 615.425.7240.
- Honey Baked Ham, will be closed Thanksgiving; extended hours that holiday week from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. for pickups; 615.370.1608.
- Cracker Barrel, plans to be open Thanksgiving; 615.376.8120.
- Monell’s at the Manor, Thanksgiving Day 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. for Manor and Germantown; preorder Thanksgiving Day Meal for pickup call 615.726.4938 — hurry, sells out in advance each year.
- Decon’s New South, 401 Church St., Nashville; 615.994.1994
- The Mockingbird Nashville, usually serves multicourse dine-in option family style at 121 12th Ave. North; check for to-go orders; 615.741.9900 or email email@example.com at least 48 hours in advance.
- Del Frisco’s Grille, plans to be open Thanksgiving Day from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., 207 Franklin Road, Brentwood; 615.928.6159.