Five Favorite Fall Trends
MOLLY RUSSELL STYLING SHARES EXCITING TRENDS FOR THIS AUTUMN
Article by Jennifer Kaufman
Originally published in Brentwood Lifestyle
Pack up those sweatpants because Fall 2021 is looking bright!
- Focusing on comfort in elevated knitwear and finding versatile pieces that allow you to continue to utilize your existing wardrobe.
- Adapting the runway trends to versatile wearable fall trends.
TREND 1: SATURATED COLORS
- We are seeing a lot of bright, saturated colors in collections for the fall • They are being layered and combined using a mix of unexpected colors
- (think rust and fuchsia, army green and clay, etc.).
- The main color ways for this season include fuchsia, clay, red, indigo and army green, ROSE and blush – add shona joy blush jumpsuit.
TREND 2: MIDI LENGTH CUTS
- The midi is one of our favorite, most-versatile trends.
- This season, the mini skirt is on the come back, but we feel this is a more sophisticated option.
- The midi is being pulled into everything from LBDs, skirts and coat lengths.
- It is a great way to look effortlessly polished and put together.
TREND 3: TONAL SUIT LAYERING
- The traditional suit is being adapted to give a more oversized, masculine feel in boyfriend cuts, oversized blazers and paired with boyish shoes instead of pumps.
- We recommend making it more functional by sticking to a monochromatic color palette and pairing an oversized jacket with a more form fitting pant and loafer.
- Some popular styles of suit pants for this season are: Palazzo, paper bag waist, flared or cropped pants.
TREND 4: SEQUINS + METALLICS
- Seeing a comeback in sequins on everything from jackets to voluminous dresses.
- We are used to seeing sequins and metallics for NYE and in formal gowns, but the trend is now being brought into every day street style.
- To ease into the trend, try a subtle accent in an accessory such as a shoe, bag or earring.
TREND 5: PATTERN PRINTS AND JACKETS
- While traditionally the patterns for fall are more muted and earth tones, this season is throwing us for a loop.
- Elaborate patterns and prints being pulled into outerwear, as well. This is a fun way to reinvent the faux fur jacket to add some additional flair to those fall looks.
- Plan to see an arrangement of wild, busy prints in loud colors and florals.
- If neutrals are more your thing, try pulling this style into a sleep set or statement earring for your next event.
TREND 6: MEGA COZY CABLES
- Comfort is key in all of the elevated, luxe knitwear we are seeing this season.
- Oversized cables are being pulled into everything from maxi dresses and sweaters to two-piece sets.
TREND 7: THE NIGHTIE INSPIRED TWENTIES
- The romantic twenties are back.
- Nighty inspired fashions being created in an elegant, sophisticated manner.
- Instantly elevate a pair of jeans with a satin or lace blouse or transition into fall events with a polished slip dress paired with a strappy, heeled sandal.