Things To Do This Weekend in Franklin & Williamson County, Tennessee (Aug. 18-20)
Are you looking for the perfect weekend activity to enjoy with friends and family? If so, you’re in luck because Franklin and Williamson County, Tennessee have a wide range of fun events and activities to choose from! Whether you are wanting to learn more about the city, try out a new hobby, or support a great cause, there is something for everyone! Keep reading to find out more!
Learn about local dining experiences, entertainment, shopping, and more at FranklinIs.com.
Franklin Polo Academy invites you to attend the Hap & Harry’s International Cup Polo Match at The Park at Harlinsdale Farm this Friday from 5:30-8pm. With an opening match at 6pm, the feature match at 7pm, family lawn games, and half-time stick horse races, come out and watch the U.S.A. compete against Mexico at this fun event!
Stroll through the halls of The Factory at Franklin as a Historic Walking Tours guide teaches you about its eventful past! Learn about how a former industrial plant was transformed into The Factory we all know and love. Covering 93 years of history in 45 minutes, join the tour on Friday at 10:30am to find out more about this local landmark’s past while seeing all of the shops, restaurants, and events that you can enjoy now in the present!
Morning Glory Orchard in Nolensville invites you to learn how to use their hard and non-alcoholic ciders to create classic cocktails this Friday at 6pm. With light refreshments, samplings, take-home recipe cards, and the equivalent of 2 drinks, this is a great weekend workshop to enjoy with friends!
Farmers Markets (Aug. 19th)
These weekly farmers markets provide the perfect opportunity to support your local farmers, kitchens, and artisans!
- You can find The Franklin Farmers Market every Saturday morning behind The Factory at Franklin with numerous vendors offering fresh produce, baked goods, handcrafted items, and local art.
- The Nolensville Farmers Market will be taking place every Saturday from 8am-12pm at the Historic Nolensville School. Local farmers and artisans will offer fresh, seasonal foods and unique crafts!
Nashville Scene’s Fashion for a Fraction will be in The Factory at Franklin’s Liberty Hall this Saturday from 10am-2pm. This shopping event features over 20 boutique vendors offering huge discounts including 75% off, BOGO, $15 clothing racks, and even more deals! Shop for apparel, accessories, and more while enjoying sips and snacks from Asulon Collective, Greys Fine Cheeses & Entertaining, and Macca Villa!
The John P. Holt Brentwood Library will be hosting a Cross-Stitch & Talk session led by cross-stitch pattern designer Ryann Mack this Saturday from 10am- 4pm. With comradery and a raffle at 1pm, this is a great way for any cross-stitch enjoyer to spend a Saturday afternoon!
Owl’s Hill Nature Sanctuary’s 7th Beer Quest will take place this Saturday from 4-7pm. Explore the trails and forests of Owl’s Hill while searching for six tokens using coordinates, in exchange for a flight of beer from Jackalope Brewing Company and a meal from D-Ro’s Burrito!
Friends of Franklin Parks is teaming up with The City of Franklin to host Raise the Roofs at Harlinsdale Farm this Saturday from 5:30-8:30pm. This event features amazing local food, drinks, live music, and an after-party – all in support of Friends of Franklin Parks’ mission to preserve our community’s cultural and natural resources!
The Farmstead Roots Creek Dinner Series at Wines in the Fork is a Leiper’s Fork tradition and the next session will be held this Saturday at 6pm. This season, Leiper’s Fork resident Chef Braiden Mallon will be creating unique multi-course meals for each dinner that pair perfectly with the local wines from Farmstead Cellar and Crown Winery. You are invited to enjoy this evening of delicious food, wine, live music, and more!
The Vanderbilt Dyer Observatory will be hosting one of their Bluebird on the Mountain Concerts this Saturday at 8pm, with some of the Bluebird Café’s top songwriters playing their greatest hits and sharing the stories behind the songs! You are invited to picnic atop one of the highest hilltops in the area and experience a night of music under the stars!
- A Tribute to Joni Mitchell’s Blue (Aug. 18th): Katie Boeck will be performing A Tribute to Joni Mitchell’s Blue at The Franklin Theatre in downtown Franklin this Friday at 8pm!
- Guys & Dolls (Aug. 18-19): Pull-Tight Players Theatre will be performing Guys & Dolls this Friday and Saturday!
- Live in The Lounge (Aug. 18-19th): The Harpeth Hotel’s 1799 Lounge will be hosting live music from 7-10pm this Friday and Saturday!
- Pink Floyd Tribute (Aug. 19th): The Franklin Theatre will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon with Domine “For the Love of Pink Floyd” Tribute Band this Saturday at 8pm!
- Cabaret On Stage (Aug. 19th): Studio Tenn and Tennessee Performing Arts Center will present their 2023 Cabaret On Stage series this Saturday at 8pm!
- Ultimate Oldies (Aug. 19-20th): The Williamson County Performing Arts Center will present The Ultimate Oldies Rock & Roll Show this Saturday and Sunday at the Williamson County Performing Arts Center at Academy Park!
Looking for something fun to do this weekend? Shopping for antiques or curious about a restaurant? Wanting to volunteer your time with a non-profit, or just stopping by downtown Franklin, TN for the day? Access it all on FranklinIs.com. We encourage you to browse through the Living, News, Entertainment, Family & Kids, Real Estate, Visit, Resources and Events Calendar sections. There is something for everyone!
FranklinIs a website dedicated to all things Franklin, TN and Williamson County! Supporting local non-profits, businesses, residents and visitors, FranklinIs the go-to place for all your Franklin and Williamson County needs.