Summer Isn’t Over! 20+ Local Youth Camps & Activities Just Ramping Up
Do your little ones, school-aged children, or teenagers need something to look forward to this summer? Are you worried you’ve missed all the registration deadlines for local camps? Good news: You haven’t!
While June may be coming to an end, the summer has only begun! Your children still have plenty of time to get outdoors or try their hand at something new, whether it is a coding class, dance intensive, comedy camp, or art lesson!
The following local organizations still have openings available for your child(ren), from a few-hours-long activities to day camps and overnight camps!
Ages 4 to 14-years-old | Franklin and Brentwood, TN
If your child loves LEGO®, look no further than this camp! Camp Brick is an adventure day camp for girls and boys ages 4 to 14 and gives them access to hundreds of different LEGO® sets, whether they want to follow the instructions or build their own designs!
Camp Brick will be hosted July 18-22 at multiple locations, including Battle Ground Academy (Franklin); Currey Ingram Academy (Brentwood); University School Nashville, Unity of Nashville, and Montgomery Bell Academy (Nashville).
Learn more and register your child at CampBrick.net.
Concordia Arts Academy
Ages 5 to 18-years-old | Franklin and Thompson’s Station, TN
With locations in both Franklin and Thompson’s Station, Concordia Arts Academy is offering several day camps for ages 5 to 18. A few upcoming theme weeks include:
Empire Strikes Back Theatre Camp (Thompson’s Station)
Grades 6 through 12 | July 5-8 (12:30-4:30 p.m.) & July 9 (9:30-11:30 a.m.)
Prince & Princess Camp (Berry Farms/Franklin)
Ages 5 to 10 | July 11-15 (9 a.m.-12 p.m.)
Comedy & Improv Camp (Berry Farms/Franklin)
Ages 10 to 17 | July 18-22 (10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
Broadway Favorites Camp (Thompson’s Station)
Ages 6 to 10 & ages 11 to 17 | July 25-29 (10 am.-3 p.m.)
Minis Dance Camp (Berry Farms/Franklin)
Ages 3 to 6 | July 25-29 (9-11 a.m.)
Dance Intensives (Berry Farms/Franklin)
Ages 7 to 12 | July 25-29 (12:30-4 p.m.)
Read more about each summer camp’s offerings and register your child at ConcordiaArtsAcademy.com/summer/.
Deer Run Camp
Ages 5 to completed grade 10 | Thompson’s Station, TN
Deer Run offers both summer day camps and overnight camps for kids, preteens, and teens. Encouraging “Deeper Faith, Stronger Relationships, Greater Adventures,” Deer Run offers fun-filled and action-packed days on 150 acres of scenic and wooded property in Middle Tennessee.
- Day Camp: For age 5 to completed grade 6. The day’s schedule is 8:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. and consists of activity rotations, water activities, and more.
- Overnight Camp: For completed grades 3 to 10 and 6 to 10. Campers are in cabin groups by age/grade and biological gender for activities, Bible study, and recreation, then come together for large groups games, worship, and daily speaker sessions.
The camp also offers bus transportation from 9 area locations: Brentwood/South Nashville, Franklin/Spring Hill, and Murfreesboro.
Learn more and register your child for camp at DeerRun.camp/camps.
Let It Shine
Ages 9 months to 12-years-old | Franklin, TN
Let It Shine Gymnastics offers spectacular activities for your child in 55,000 sq ft of space, complete with gymnastics and ninja equipment, outdoor play, and water activities. With summer programs running Monday through Friday until August 4, Let It Shine offers several weekday camps, as well as themed weeks (USA Week, Ninja Week, Carnival Week, Superhero Week, Talent Week).
- For ages 9 months to 4-years-old, Let It Shine provides Summer Me Time Camp on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Day camp is from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for age groups 3 to 5 (Pre Camp) and ages 5 to 12 (Big Camp). For both age groups, A.M. extended care is also available from 7:30 to 9 a.m., and P.M. extended care is available from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Also, on Saturday nights, Let It Shine hosts Parents’ Night Out for ages 3 to 5 (Preschool) and ages 5 to 12 (Big).
TN Art Yard
Ages 2 to 5-years-old | Nashville or Thompson’s Station, TN
TN Art Yard is offering the following outdoor Summer Workshops for children ages 4+ to dive into specific mediums (tie dye, mixed media, painting, sculpture, ice cream sculptures, etc.) in July:
- July 5: Thompson’s Station Pre-K Workshop (9:30-11:30 a.m.)
- July 12: Nashville Workshop (3-4 p.m.)
- July 21: Thompson’s Station Sculpture Workshop (9:30-11:30 a.m.)
Held on weekends from 9 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., Mommy and Me Camp gives you and your child a chance to be immersed in a sensory art experience amongst other toddler peers in a safe, outdoor environment. Expect anything from messy paint and sensory play to games, music, and sweet treats!
For more information, visit TNArtYard.com/camps.
We Rock The Spectrum
Ages 3 and up | Franklin, TN
We Rock The Spectrum provides a safe, nurturing, and fun environment in its 5,600 square foot gym fostering learning, exploration, and safe sensory experiences for children of all abilities.
The following camps will be held at the We Rock The Spectrum facility. Contact the following sources about remaining availability:
Code & Play
Ages 8 to 13 | July 5-August 5 (Mondays through Thursdays, 1-5 p.m.)
**For more information, visit SkillSamurai.com/tn-franklin.
Social Skills Summer Camp
Ages 3 to 6, 7 to 12, 13 to 17, and 18+ | May 26-July 28 (Times vary by age)
**For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flip for Function
Ages 3 to 6 and 7 to 12 | May 31-July 29 (Tuesdays & Fridays, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.)
**For more information, visit FlipForFunction.com.
Ages 6 months to 6-years-old | Tuesdays (Times vary by age)
Williamson County Parks & Recreation
Ages 3 and up | Franklin, TN
Of course, we cannot leave out our dear friends at Williamson County Parks & Recreation! They are offering the following Specialty Camps around the county in July, including arts & crafts, STEM, nature, sports, and much more!
View their upcoming activities – with remaining spots going quickly! – in the Franklin and surrounding areas!
- Arts & Crafts Camps (Ages 3 and up)
- Culinary (Ages 9 to 12)
- Engineering for Kids (Ages 4 to 14)
- Primrose Sewing Mini-Camps: Sessions 5 & 6 (Ages 7 to 13)
- Timberland Park – Variety of activities (Ages 7 and up)
- Summer Sports Camps (Ages 7 to 14) **Registration will be closing soon!