Perfect Side Dish for a Back-to-School Dinner with the Loveless Cafe
With school back in session, making a nutritious dinner can be hard to juggle between work and kids’ multiple after-school activities.
Studies have shown that sitting down and eating together as a family offers physical, social-emotional and academic benefits.
Everything tastes better with bacon, right? Especially when it’s made with their signature Loveless Cafe Applewood Smoked Country Bacon. Pair this with your protein of choice, and you’ve got dinner ready in less than 30-minutes.
Bacon Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds of fresh brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Loveless Cafe Applewood Smoked Country Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- Fill a medium stock pot about three-quarters full with water and bring to a boil. Add the brussels sprouts to boiling water and blanch for 1 to 2 minutes. Be careful not to overcook.
- Drain the brussels sprouts in a colander. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add the brussels sprouts and cook until the sprouts turn golden brown (approximately 6 to 8 minutes).
- Add in cooked bacon, sprinkle with salt, and cook for another 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Remove from heat, pour into a serving dish and drizzle with the remaining balsamic vinegar.