Cold-Pressed Juices and Smoothies – Drinking Veggies Has Gotten Pretty Easy Around These Parts
Article by Delia Jo Ramsey
Originally published in Brentwood Lifestyle
Lots of people love to hit the reset button for their bodies come January, while some people keep the green juice flowing all year long. High in vitamins and nutrients that bodies need to function, 100%-natural, cold-pressed juices can aid in the detoxification process and also assist in digestion, brain stimulation and tissue repair.
Here are five great spots to get juice and smoothie fixes around town.
1. E+ROSE Wellness Company: The Nashville-born health food cafe and juice bar hosts locations in Brentwood, Wedgewood-Houston, West Nashville and throughout Music City, E+ROSE is a local go-to for vegan eats, superfood smoothies, açaí bowls, and organic cold-pressed juices, all made with natural, whole ingredients. A few favorites include the number one seller “The Cold Snap,” featuring green apple, ginger, mint, kale and super greens or the immune-boosting “Music City Sunrise” with carrots, turmeric, ginger, lemon and green apple.
2. Franklin Juice Co.: With locations in its namesake Franklin as well as in Nashville, the juice (and juice cleanse), açaí bowl, smoothie and kombucha destination has been cranking them out since 2014. Guest favorites include the “Whoa” with beets, kale, apple, ginger and lemon and the “Hi Five” with spinach, parsley, romaine, celery and cucumber.
3. Juice Bar: Juice Bar was born because its founders “understood that wellness didn’t have to be high maintenance and that prioritizing nutrition shouldn’t mean sacrificing taste.” The plant-based, gluten-free, organic-whenever-possible Juice Bar opened the doors to its first Nashville location in 2013, and it has since expanded to several states across the country. With 10-plus locations in the Nashville area, including Brentwood, Juice Bar is a convenient stop for a juice, smoothie or healthy snack in most parts of town.
4. Fix Juice Co.: Fix Juice Co. is a locally owned juice shop, tucked away in Belle Meade’s Westgate Center. With a deep regard for organic growing practices, seasonal harvests and local suppliers, Fix Juice Co. is committed to using organic fruits and vegetables for their small-batch, handcrafted, cold-pressed and nutrient-dense juices and whole-food smoothies. They also offer healthy “shots” and grab-and-go snacks like a daily salad, soup and nut mixes.
5. The Urban Juicer: Owned by “unicorn” Nashville natives, Urban Juicer has been providing the Nashville community with made-to-order juices since before Nashville’s iconic status as a worldwide tourist destination, in 2011. The company now has six Nashville area locations. Aside from juice, the retailer also serves smoothies, acai bowls, toasts, salads, sandwiches, wraps and flatbreads.